Sometimes I struggle to let go of the carefree days of summer…but then I remember that it means that it’s fall! What a glorious time of year and there are so many fun fall events in Tioga County. Me? I try to pack them ALL in, but if you don’t have time, I highly suggest picking at least one of the things off this list and enjoy the beauty that we live in!
1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch – For many years my family would all go together to pick out our pumpkins and my siblings and I would always take a group photo sitting on some of them. Without fail, every year it’s always my mom’s favorite picture but it’s been harder and harder to get ever since my sister moved to Albany.
2. The Cider Mill!! – There is nothing like biting into a fresh, juicy apple right off the tree. Oh…wait…there IS! Fresh apple cider pressed from those apples and donuts. At the Cider Mill you can watch them make everything there. Oh, and don’t forget candy apples, pies, and flavored breads. Yum!
3. Apple picking! – As previously mentioned, nothing beats a fresh apple. Last year was actually the first time ever I went apple picking. I went with my dad and we had a blast together and picked more apples than we knew what to do with! My go to place is Apple Hills!
4. Corn Maze – I actually haven’t done this in years, but I’m hoping this is the year I get back to it! There are so many cornfields and farms around here and Stoughton’s Farm has one of the best mazes around! They create an illustration from the sky which ends up being the outline of the maze; so cool!
5. Bonfires! – Sitting around a bonfire, roasting s’mores, and being with friends and family is pretty much the best, and my most favorite thing to do in the fall! My parents big yard and fire pits definitely help! It brings me way back to high school and late nights with my friends!