No Bake Samoa Cookies
We all have our favorite Girl Scout cookies and mine are between the Samoa and Thin Mint cookies. They only come around a few times a year and sometimes I just can’t wait. This recipe for No Bake Samoa cookies taste just like the real deal and are perfect to wow anyone!
- 1 pkg fudge stripe shortbread cookies (about 20-24 cookies)
- 1 (11 oz) pkg caramel bits
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 cups toasted coconut*
- 2 squares chocolate CandiQuik
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the fudge stripe shortbread cookies stripe-up onto the baking sheet, spaced out about 1-2″ apart from one another. Set aside briefly.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine the caramel bits and the heavy cream. Microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for about 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth & melted. Fold in the toasted coconut to combine.
- Working quickly, drop Tablespoonfuls of the coconut caramel mixture onto each cookie, spreading it out to cover the surface of the cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies until all the cookies are covered.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate CandiQuik on HIGH power for about 30 seconds, stirring until melted & smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the cookies (I like spooning the chocolate into a sandwich baggy, seal out the air, and snip off a corner for a makeshift piping bag). Let the chocolate and cookies set, about 15-20 minutes, before serving. Store airtight at room temperature.
- *TO TOAST COCONUT: Spread the coconut in a foil-lined baking pan in an even layer. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place coconut in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. Stir, then bake for another 5-7 minutes. Stir once more and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until toasted, keeping a watchful eye on the coconut the whole time.