Peanut Butter Meltaways
Where are all my chocolate peanut butter fans because this recipe is for you! Peanut Butter Meltaways with a dollop of chocolate on the top is the best way to end your day. Best if eaten with a glass of milk after, or before, dinner! If you are a lover of the chocolate peanut butter combo you are going to love this cookie recipe.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (I used Jiff brand)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until creamy. Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again until incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and gently mix on low until incorporated, scraping down sides with a spatula as needed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt. Add the flour mixture in three batches to the creamed butter mixture. Blend on medium-low until each addition is incorporated. Scrape the dough into a ball, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To bake the cookies, preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop a level spoonful of dough using a 1-inch cookie scoop. Roll each into a tight ball and place two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press each dough ball gently with the flat bottom of a small glass or measuring cup, to the desired thickness. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes at 350F or until lightly browned around the edges. Slide the parchment paper with cookies onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat with a new piece of parchment paper placed on a cooled cookie sheet. Cool cookies completely before icing.
- Combine the chopped chocolate, milk and peanut butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of lightly simmering water (do not allow the water to touch the bottom of the bowl). Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the stove. Add the powdered sugar and stir until combined. The icing may seem somewhat thin but it will thicken and harden. Immediately ice each cookie with about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture. Quickly sprinkle each cookie with chopped salted peanuts before the chocolate has a chance to set. Place on a wire rack and allow the icing to harden before storing cookies.
Recipe by avingdessert.com