Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies
If you’re looking for a decadent chocolate dessert, look no further! These flourless chocolate chewy cookies are amazing! Not only do they have a chocolate base, there is also chocolate chips mixed in too. The more chocolate the better right?! If you want to take your dessert game even further, heat a cookie up for a few seconds then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Your taste buds will thank you!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (Not Kosher salt)
- 3 large egg whites , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but makes a huge difference in the intensity of flavor)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (you can also substitute your favorite kind of chocolate chip)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. These cookies are quite large, so you want to be sure you either bake in batches or use two pans. Using a silicone mat (this will help keep the bottoms of your cookies from burning) or parchment paper line your baking sheets
3. Sift together into a large bowl the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. (If you don’t sift these ingredients your dough will be clumpy and not bake correctly)
4. Add in the egg whites, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
5. Stir until combined completely.
6. Using a cookie scoop (1/4 cup measure) add 6 scoops to each baking sheet.
7. Bake for 11-13 minutes until the tops are shiny and cracking.
8. Let cool completely before removing from pan/silicone mat/parchment paper as they are fragile and can break easily (also due to size).
Heat one cookie up in the microwave for 10-20 seconds then place in a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
Be the first to comment