Raspberry with Lemon Glaze Cookies
I have a crush on cookie with fruit in them. Don’t get me wrong, a good chocolate chip cookie is a staple in my home. But there is something delectable about a tartness that some fruits brings to the cookie world. Raspberry with Lemon Glaze cookies are the best when Spring finally arrives and you need something to remind you that warm weather is coming. They offer a little bit of tartness with your typical cookie texture. They freeze well too, just don’t put the glaze on them until you are ready to devour them!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold salted butter , cubed
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 1 cup frozen raspberries , roughly chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add small cubes of butter. Mix together with a pasty cutter or whisk. You can also mix with your hands just until the mixture combines.
- Stir in cream and mix until combined. Then gently fold in cold raspberries with lemon zest and juice.
- Drop dough on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- After two minutes of cooling on pan, transfer to a cooling rack
- Once cookies are completely cool, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over cookies.
Recipe from www.iheartnaptime.net