Are you dreaming of an elopement in the magical Adirondacks or beyond? Well, you’re in for a treat! Elopements are all about you – your love, your story, and your unique way of celebrating it. Forget the traditional and embrace the extraordinary with these 50 fun elopement activities that will make your big day unforgettable. An elopement is all about what you two want, so let’s make it as fun and personal as possible!
Some of these activities may require extra preparations, like taking a change of clothes scheduling in advance, and additional travel. However, it definitely shouldn’t keep you away from doing things you want to do with your new spouse!
Here are 50 fun elopement activities to consider for your big day!
50 Fun Elopement Activities
- Watching the sunrise together (maybe as you exchange your vows?)
- Hiking a scenic trail for the views.
- Rent a canoe and paddle through serene waters.
- Go kayaking.
- Pack a picnic of your favorite snacks.
- Star gaze (grab a blanket, maybe a Bluetooth speaker, and cuddle up under the starry sky).
- Make s’mores over a campfire.
- Share a first dance (a Bluetooth speaker could be handy here).
- Rent bikes and explore the trails.
- Check out local breweries.
- Visit a winery.
- Go horseback riding.
- Take a helicopter ride.
- Go paddleboarding on a lake.
- Fly in a hot air balloon.
- Go swimming.
- Go skiing/snowboarding (if you’re into the idea of a winter elopement!)
- Grab ice cream together.
- Get some pizza!
- Go glamping in a luxurious tent.
- Rent a jeep and go off-roading.
- Stop at a few local breweries for a flight.
- Watch the sunset together.
- Snuggle in bed at your Airbnb and watch your favorite show or movie.
- Go fishing.
- Go to a SPA together.
- Facetime your friends and family.
- Take a dancing lesson.
- Take a cooking class.
- Play a board game.
- Take some Polaroids.
- Give each other a meaningful present.
- Write a letter to each other.
- Go sailing or boating.
- Go skydiving or paragliding.
- Set up an outdoor movie night.
- Go to a theme park or water park.
- Go to a live music event.
- Visit a local festival if you’ve planned your elopement coinciding with a local event.
- Play with your dogs if you’ve taken them with you.
- Have a private chef prepare a special meal, or dine at a renowned restaurant.
- Visit local attractions, museums, or historical sites.
- Make a delicious dinner together.
- Have a couples boudoir session with your elopement photographer in your hotel room/Airbnb.
- Ride a gondola.
- Go ziplining.
- Play some miniature golf.
- Go apple picking, strawberry picking, blueberry picking (this is a very seasonal activity, too, of course).
- Go rock climbing.
- Mix up some of your favorite drinks together.
Ready for the Adventure of a Lifetime?
I hope this list of 50 fun elopement activities will help you create the adventurous day of your dreams!
And if you’re looking for an Adirondack elopement photographer to help you plan and capture it from beginning to end – I’m just a message away! I can’t wait to hear from you!