It’s so easy (and fun) to get caught up in planning your wedding, from the invitations to the location, from the flowers to your gown, there is SO. MUCH. TO. DO. That’s why I think it’s great to create some other fun activities that can take your mind away from the wedding planning but not away from the wedding! Here’s some ideas:
1. Date Nights – On the day of your wedding each month plan a date night with your fiancé! For example, if you are getting married on the 18th, go on a date the 18th of every month leading up to your wedding!
2. Engagement photos – Such a happy time should definitely be documented in a stunning memorable fashion!
3. Friends – Go out with your girlfriends (brides) or play cards with your buddies (grooms). Yes, you’ll still maintain those friendships, but once you’re married priorities naturally begin to change. Whether it’s a traditional stag or bachelorette party or just an informal get together with your friends, make time to share time with those you are closest to.
4. Ask for Advice – Have lunch with your mom, or your dad or your aunt or that person you respect and admire. Ask for their advice on maintaining a happy and long lasting relationship. You never know what wisdom they will provide!
5. A Little Alone Time – Spend a day alone, doing something you love to do (making cookies, for example). Of course you love to be with your soon-to-be-spouse, but it’s ok to take a day and do something just for you!